Princess Helena, Whitby Street, Hartlepool, TS24 7AB

  • 1 (3)
  • 1 (2)
  • 1 (1)
  • 1 (5)
  • 1 (6)
  • 1 (4)

For Sale - Available £150,000 - Commercial, Public House
3422 sq ft 3 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom  Add to Favorites Print


Long established public house for sale to include all fixtures and fittings (by way of separate negotiation) or alternatively for alternative uses. The business is not trading at present but could be reopened with minimal investment. Alternative uses (subject to planning) would include residential conversion, HMO or mixed use comprising of commercial / retail on the ground floor with living accommodation on the first floor.


The property is situated in the Church Street area of Hartlepool which is of mixed use and includes a variety of retail, office and leisure uses as well as Hartlepool College of Further Education and the Northern School of Art. Regeneration work has recently been completed in the area which includes improvements to the public realm, the development of a new campus for Northern School of Art and the development of a film studio. Further investment is planned under the £25million Town Deal.


The accommodation extends to 318 sq m / 3,422 sq ft spread over 2 upper floors with cellar. The ground floor is arranged to provide a bar area, W.C.’s and a kitchen. The first floor is arranged to provide 2 kitchens, 3 bedrooms, a lounge, an office and bathroom. The cellar is in good order and dry.


As far as we are aware the property has mains supplies of gas, water & electricity in addition to mains drainage. Interested parties should satisfy themselves in this regard.

Energy Performance Certificate

Energy Performance Asset Rating: Band B(42). Full Certificate available upon request.


For Sale Freehold, offers in the region of £150,000 with vacant possession.

Rating Assessment

£12,250 Obtained from the Valuation Office Agency (

The UBR for the period 2021/2022 is 51.2p in the pound. Rates payable are therefore £6,272 less any Small Business Relief or any other discounts, which might be applicable.

Please contact your local authority for more information.

Property Map